Monday, March 10, 2014

With Purpose

So just a few posts into my blog and I'm already annoyed with the whole "She Organizes:" bit in every title. If I am, then I'm sure you are, too...LOL Okay, so I'm just going to stop now. I assume you know that "she organizes"...sort of like when you start a sentence with a verb, right? "Go to the store, please." The "You" at the beginning is assumed. So, let's just assume my post title begins with She Organizes and move on.

*deep breath*

I feel better already--look at that, I decluttered my post titles. Proof you can declutter anything! With that out of the way, let's move on to my next project.

My sister Kelly (who is way better at blogging than I am) told me about this on Facebook.

I'm super busy but I'm always looking for ways to declutter and organize (obviously), so the reason I'm excited about this challenge is simply *because* it's only one bag a day! Yes, I can carve out some hours to do a whole room, but I probably won't. I am a procrastinator by nature...as I've mentioned before. But doing one bag a day is a reachable goal. I started late (signed up Saturday, 3/8), but I did 2 bags of trash that had been put out on my deck (old paper bags, newspapers, etc.). I took Sunday off. I'm not going to get crazy and try to do as much as possible and then burn out in the first week (a pattern I'm all too familiar with)...I'm focusing on one bag at a time

Half the fun of this challenge is the social media aspect, but in all my excitement, I forgot to take pictures of my first two bags. So today I found some more papers (junk mail, receipts, school papers, used dryer sheets, etc.) and filled another bag! Here's Bag 3:


You should join me in this challenge! Click on the first picture above or go to this website to sign up. She also has tons of printables and exciting things to help motivate you.

Let me know in the comments if you're going to do it, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment