Sunday, December 29, 2013

Who is "She"?

At first, I imagine this blog will be read by just my family & friends, in which case this post is redundant and a bit silly...but perhaps you randomly ended up here (maybe even by mistake). My name is Nicky and I've hosted a personal blog for close to a decade. I recently closed it and I'm attempting to turn it into a book so someday my kids can privately look back on all of the embarrassing things that were once made public.


So why an organizing blog? 

Well, it's not because I have it all together and want to brag about it, that's for sure! Nope...it's more like an attempt to get my own life organized and have some accountability out there! I, like most of you I assume, am extremely busy. I homeschool my three children, work outside the home three days a week, volunteer at my church the rest of the days (I'm kidding...sort of...), care for two dogs & my husband (not in that order, of course), and have I mentioned 66% of my children are teenagers now? The other 33% is female. Enough said.


I have a passion for organizing and I have done a lot to keep my office and my home both functional & efficient. That doesn't mean my house is always clean, though--and that's usually attributed to one thing: too much stuff! I'm not really one to make New Year's Resolutions (simply because I can't keep them), but I'd like to turn over a new leaf this coming year. And I'd like to share my journey!

I hope you'll follow along...and maybe even learn a thing or two! I cannot guarantee I'll have any ground breaking ideas--but I'll share what works for me and what doesn't. I cannot guarantee that my writing will be all that great, simply because I'm not a writer! But, one thing I can guarantee? Honesty mixed with a wee bit of humor and a whole lot of humility! (Especially because I'll be trying my hand at video blogging, too...that should be downright hilarious...LOL)

Feel free to leave a comment and introduce yourself, too! And if you have a blog, I'd love to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment